So a few years ago I bought an English vintage tea set off line. It is gorgeous!! But one of the cups came broken. This isn't the type of thing that is easily replaced. And I was a little heart broken. I couldn't bare to just throw it away so I came up with the idea to put the two tea cup halves onto a skirt. I found a dress at the thrift store that was very lolita with a soft, double pattern and lace trim. Though as a full dress it was totally wretched. So I got it chopped it up of course, sewed in zippers and all that but how was I going to get the tea cups on. I can't believe this project took me several years to finally finish. *shy face* But there was a lot involved. I had to find something that would cut the tea cups. Had to find a way to attach the tea cups and a way for the skirt to stay more or less poofy and full. All in all this whole thing was a giant pain in my round rump! And I seriously do not know if I will ever EVER make a tea skirt again. This may very well be the one and only. But below is the photos of the different layers. (sorry they are sideways) :)
So it's all put together and finished. I'm so happy! It looks kinda funny here but I really think it will work so well for the Alice photo shoot in the cemetery. Wahoo!